yeast free pizza dough recipe
joey has been very into making his own yeast-less pizza dough lately…and i’m not complaining! usually we use the pre-made whole wheat pizza dough from Trader Joe’s which is great in a pinch for a whole grain, quick and easy dinner option. it has yeast, which isn’t great to have a lot of, buuut, if you have around 5 to 10 extra minutes to spare and want to make your own yeast-free thin crust, here’s how to do it!
Vegan Yeast-less Pizza Dough recipe
- – 1.5 cups flour (whole wheat or spelt)
- – a half cup of cornmeal (optional…use 2 cups of flour if not using cornmeal)
- – 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- – 1/4 cup of olive oil
- – 3/4 cup of water
- – rosemary or other herbs (optional)
- preheat oven to 350 degrees. combine all of the ingredients, knead by hand until it becomes dough and doesnt stick to the sides of the bowl.
- grease a pan and press your dough into your ideal pizza shape. note: thin crust works best when there is no yeast since it is more dense. it cooks faster too!
- bake dough for about 5 to 10 minutes (depending on how thick it is)
- take the half-cooked dough out and put on your sauce and toppings … our faves include: kalamata olives, sun-dried tomatoes, onions, pesto, tomato sauce (duh), Field Roast Italian Grain Sausage, kale, etc.
- bake dressed pizza for another 10 or so minutes until your toppings are cooked and your crust is browned. cool, slice and eat!
You may also like -