asymmetrical colorful braid tutorial
ask, and you shall receive my friends! as promised, here is the video tutorial of the hair-do i wore in this post! i’m calling it the Asymmetrical Colorful Braid…but call it whatever you want! i hope the tutorial is easy to follow and as always, please comment if you have any questions!
What You’ll Need:
- clip-in hair extension in your hair color – one that is longer than your hair length and preferable around 3″ wide. note: if you have really long hair, you can skip this extension and just use the colored ones! i got my extensions from The Hair Shop here in LA – but you can get them at any wig store, some beauty supply stores, or online. real human hair extensions are always better but you can use synthetic ones too!
- 3 colored clip-in hair extensions, in the colors of your choosing.
- a few bobby pins
- clear plastic hair band
- curling iron – i got mine from Folica
- hair brush or comb (optional, to tease roots)
- hair spray (optional, to seal your ‘do’)
- clip (to separate your hair when placing your extension)
- curl your hair in loose waves away from your face. part your hair in the middle or on the side.
- part your hair on this side (a little above your ear, but away from your hairline) and clip-in your non-colored hair extension.
- clip-in your 3 colored hair extensions above your other extension.
- braid them all together, you can grab pieces of your own hair to include in the braid too!
- make the braid messy by ‘drawstring-ing’ it. grab one of the three sections of your braid and push the other two up. mess it more with your fingers.
- seal your braid with your elastic.
- pin back your hair on the braid side to expose the braid more but keep the extension tops covered. bobby pin in place.
- braid one or two of the face-framing pieces in a tiny braid and secure back into the same area where you pinned your hair in step 7.
- spray with hairspray to seal the deal!
i love this look for day or night. funky, fun and unique!