DIY of the day: paper bag gift wrap
as you might know, i am a huge fan of using paper bags as wrapping paper for gifts (check out my previous post with my paper-bag wrapped x-mas gifts here!). i also use other stuff like scarves and magazines – check out my Eco Friendly Gift Wrap video here! as the fall approaches there are lots of birthdays that spring up…or is that just the people in my life? i think wrapping a gift in such a pretty way sweetens whatever gift you give that much more!
i found this photo via Decor8 where she describes how she used her old grocery bags and a few carefully selected colors and decor items to make a beautiful color story with her gifts!
What You’ll Need:
- old brown paper grocery bags (or 100% recycled craft paper, they sell rolls of it)
- opaque white ink pen (shop)
- fabric measuring tape (you don’t mind cutting up)
- twine or string
- tags (or card stock to cut for tags)
- cut open your paper bags along the seams to create one big flat sheet.
- wrap your gift like you would a normally.
- decorate with various ribbons, pieces of your fabric ruler, doilies, twine wrapped around, or just draw some pretty little details like the string of stars or the cursive script in the pic above.
- finish with a little tag or just write the name with your opaque pen and let the giving begin!
all photos via Decor8