DIY: doily table runner
amongst all the screams and slime of Halloween (which i love too – obvi), i thought i’d post a DIY for something uber pretty! so in that vein, here is a DIY for a doily table runner! i’ve seen it floating around wedding blogs but it is totally adaptable for your everyday home decor. i might have to try this on my long dining table!
What You Need:
- crocheted doilies – shop for them at flea markets, thrift stores, craft stores and Etsy has a bunch too under ‘vintage’.
- thread – white, off white or beige to match your doilies
- lay your doilies out on a large flat surface in an uneven line – they’ll end up being naturally uneven because of the different shapes. place the large doilies first.
- fill in the gaps and overlay the smaller doilies until you like the shape of your runner.
- with your needle and thread simply stitch the doilies together using a whip stitch. - the good thing is you can always use a seam ripper to separate your doilies again and use them for something else!
photos via Emmaline Bride