aloe vera juice – for a healthy life!
i’ve been taking aloe vera juice ever morning for the last few weeks. i originally got it for a digestive aid and for *ahem* regularity (after all my traveling) – see i even talk about pooing on my blog! no holds barred! or should i say, no turds barred! i’ve continued taking it because i feel like it’s really helped boost my immune system too, with all the colds going around!
what you want to make sure, when buying your aloe vera juice, is that it’s preservative free. i like the Lily of the Desert brand from Whole Foods. also note that the juice if from the “inner fillet” – which means the juice is made from the inner filling of the leaf rather than the whole leaf. they sell the juice from the whole leaf as well but that’s more of a laxative than a gentle cleanser regulator like the inner fillet juice.
i mix 2 ounces of aloe juice with some orange juice and it doesn’t taste like anything!
aloe is not just for digestion – here are some other supposed health benefits from this site:
• Halts the growth of cancer tumors.
• Lowers high cholesterol.
• Repairs “sludge blood” and reverses “sticky blood”.
• Boosts the oxygenation of your blood.
• Eases inflammation and soothes arthritis pain.
• Protects the body from oxidative stress.
• Prevents kidney stones and protects the body from oxalates in coffee and tea.
• Alkalizes the body, helping to balance overly acidic dietary habits.
• Cures ulcers, IBS, Crohn’s disease and other digestive disorders.
• Reduces high blood pressure natural, by treating the cause, not just the symptoms.
• Nourishes the body with minerals, vitamins, enzymes and glyconutrients.
• Accelerates healing from physical burns and radiation burns.
• Replaces dozens of first aid products, makes bandages and antibacterial sprays obsolete.
• Halts colon cancer, heals the intestines and lubricates the digestive tract.
• Ends constipation.
• Stabilizes blood sugar and reduces triglycerides in diabetics.
• Prevents and treats candida infections.
• Protects the kidneys from disease.
• Functions as nature’s own “sports drink” for electrolyte balance, making common sports drinks obsolete.
• Boosts cardiovascular performance and physical endurance.
• Speeds recovery from injury or physical exertion.
• Hydrates the skin, accelerates skin repair.
Learn more: here