DIY of the day: woven burlap table runner
ahhh, this DIY burlap table runner (photos and DIY via Tara Dennis) would be so pretty on a Thanksgiving table!… my love for burlap is unquenchable! she sewed the edge of the runner, but in my quest for no-sew DIYs i think this could be finished just fine with a little more glue or even a quick iron-on hem tape!
imagine this for the holidays woven with pieces of red or gold ribbon!
What You Need:
- Hot glue gun or fabric craft glue
- Optional: Sewing machine
- Red cotton thread
- Sharp scissors
1. Cut 6 x lengths of burlap each measuring 2 to 3 inches wide and however long you want the runner for your particular table. Then cut 30 lengths around 2 to 3 inches wide and as long as you want your runner to be width wise (probably around 2 feet wide).
2. Arrange the long strips side-by-side then weave a shorter strip across one end. Dab a small amount of glue behind each strip to secure
3. Continue weaving the shorter strips, for these it’s not necessary to glue behind each, just the two ends
4. Continue all the way along and secure the other end by gluing behind each strip
5. Trim the edges if necessary, then using a sewing machine and red cotton thread, sew a hem approximately .5″ all the way around
photos via Tara Dennis