12 DIYs of the holidays – #2 hardware ornaments
it’s here! the second DIY of the Mr. Kate 12 DIYs of the Holidays! (check out #1 here!) in this video tutorial i make a really quick and easy hardware ornament! i continued with my neon theme for this year – it all has to make sense together. so this year, think outside the (tool)box for your ornaments!
the last few years i’ve used live trees (or my own potted ficus) – this year i bought a little potted evergreen that i’ll use as a ‘table tree’ on a cute side table with the presents stacked around.
watch the video for the visual tutorial…
What You Need:
- various sized metal washers from the hardware store (i found some cool star tooth washers that look like little suns!)
- spray paint primer
- spray paint color of your choice
- twine or ribbon
- paint your washers with primers. let dry.
- paint your washers with 1 or two coats of your colored spray paint. let dry.
- cut a length between 6 to 12 inches of twine and tie in a loop.
- push one end of the loop through the hole of the washer and then through the other side of the twine loop to secure around the washer.
- hang on your tree!