holiday DIY #6: vegan pot pie
DIY #6 is here! this time i’m cooking a savory dish that i created and made for Thanksgiving this year but it’s perfect for any family occasion! seriously delish!!! check out more from the 12 DIYs of Chrismahanukkahkwanzaasolstice here!
Mr. Kate’s Vegan Pot Pie/Casserole
download printable recipe card here!
What You Need:
- 1 sploosh of canola oil to coat the pan
- 2 carrots chopped
- container of mushroom chopped
- bag of frozen pearl onions
- bag of frozen peas
- 1 Field Roast brand Celebration Roast cut in cubes – you could use seasoned firm tofu or seitan.
- 1 container of vegan gravy
- a few sprigs of fresh Thyme
- a couple leaves of fresh Sage
- salt and pepper
- 1 sheet of puffed pastry
- 1 tsp vegan butter (Earth Balance)
- preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- coat a big frying pan with oil
- saute your mushrooms, carrots and frozen pearl onions
- add your Celebration Roast
- once veggies are soft, add frozen peas and sprigs of thyme and sage leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- put mixture into casserole dish and cover with the sheet of puffed pastry
- coat the puffed pastry with some vegan butter to brown and pop in oven for around 15 minutes or until pastry has puffed and toasted.