DIY framed jewelry organizer
i posted about this framed wire mesh DIY before and i wanted to try my own version, do i did just that! i used an old frame that i originally got at Cost Plus World Market and had spray painted bright yellow (it used to be brown). i broke the glass on accident so it was the perfect candidate for this project.
you could use whatever size frame you like, they have a ton at flea markets without the glass etc. they should be between $5 to $10.
Framed Wire Mesh Jewelry Organizer
What You Need:
- an old frame – just the surround not the inner glass or backing.
- optional: paint or gold leaf etc. and brushes of your choice to update the color of the frame
- galvanized wire mesh or chicken wire from the hardware or gardening supply store.
- wire cutters
- staple gun – electric or manual and staples
- ornament hooks or wire and pliers to make hooks for your necklaces
- size the wire mesh to the back of your frame. you want enough room to be able to staple it to the back but not too much that it overlaps over the edge. you can always trim.
- cut your wire mesh to size with the wire cutters.
- staple your wire mesh to the back of your frame with your staple gun
- trim any excess wire mesh
- optional step: paint, gold leaf, or decoupage your frame to update the look from the front.
- hang it on your wall or prop it up on your dresser and hang your jewelry on the mesh! you can use ornament hooks, or make your own ‘S’ hooks with wire and pliers, to hang necklaces and rings, etc.
Soho House photos by Eddy Chen