DIY liquor and hearts valentine for guys
i was thinking about the ladies out there who want to give their man a Valentine’s themed gift but don’t want it to be too “girly.” i thought of what i would gift Joey and was inspired by his new-found love of Old Fashioneds (bourbon drink) and my obsession with nips (little liquor bottles – i love anything miniature)!
you could interpret this with other kinds of drinks too! a margarita box with limes, special salt and tequila, instead of maraschino cherries, could be really cool!
for those of you that don’t drink: you could interpret this and make a box full of something else your guy is into. maybe a box full of accessories for his iPhone and little tags with sexy text messages and song titles! click here for other DIY Valentine’s ideas.
What You Need:
- nips – mini liquor bottles from your local liquor store
- garnish – i used fancy maraschino cherries to go with the bourbon and whiskey but you could do limes and salt with tequila
- red construction paper
- hole punch
- shoe box
- craft paper and/or tissue paper or wrapping paper
- paint of glue
- cut out heart shapes from the construction paper and punch holes in them for the ribbon.
- write drink-themed, love sayings on the hearts and wrap them around the necks of the nips with pieces of ribbon.
- wrap the shoe box in craft paper or wrapping paper and put a cut-out heart on the top or whatever you want for decoration.
- nestle the bottles and garnish inside the box on a bed of crumpled tissue paper, cover with the lid and get ready for a good time!