simple & elegant dessert: trio of sorbet
while recently in Maui, we ate dinner at Spago one night…i know, schmancy. after gorging ourselves on dinner we decided, ‘why the heck not’ and indulged in dessert…but chose a light and refreshing sampling of sorbet as to not induce an expensive vomit sesh.
i love the way they plated it and thought it was a great inspiration for a simple yet elegant dessert for your dinner parties! sorbet is a great way to finish a meal – fruity and refreshing!
they plated it in some handmade shell like thing but i think you could do something similar with a waffle cone laid on its side or just forgo the shell because the sorbet and berries are pretty enough as is!
What You Need:
- 3 flavors of sorbet – we had passion fruit, mango and coconut… i would pick 3 that are different colors so you get the contrast. health food stores like Whole Foods sell a variety of sorbet brands and flavors.
- fresh berries for garnish (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, etc.)
- waffle cone (optional) – here is a recipe for Vegan waffle cones
- chocolate sauce or raspberry sauce for drizzle – i love Emmy’s Organics raw vegan chocolate sauce and get store-bought raspberry sauce or here is a simple recipe.
- use an ice cream scoop or large spoon to scoop pretty portions of sorbet
- plate them to look like they’re spilling out of the waffle cone on its side or just put the scoops in a pretty vintage bowl with no cone
- slice your strawberries, blueberries and raspberries and sprinkle them on top
- finish with a drizzle of your chocolate or raspberry sauce