DIYable: neon tipped porcelain dishware
i love this! there is always so much beautiful porcelain and ceramics at the flea market and thrift store. don’t worry about finding pure white porcelain pieces because you can always paint them white with white porcelain paint and then add the color. i love the idea of getting a bunch of mis-matched pieces and then unifying them by painting them all white and then adding the neon flair.
check out more painted ceramics here
What You Need:
- various porcelain or ceramic pieces
- porcelain paint in white and bright colors – safe for dishware.
- paint brushes
- clean and prep your dishware for painting
- follow the instructions on your porcelain paint container – usually painting one or two coats and then baking them in the oven at a low heat to set the paint.
- paint the pieces white, if needed
- then pick the handle or top of a particular piece to paint with the neon flair – if there is no handle, paint the rim of a plate!
photo via apartmenttherapy.com