DIYable: dip it like dries van noten
i love this series from Dries Van Noten on i-D! dip it baby! what a fun way to take a men’s collared business shirt to the next level! i would totally wear one of these dip-dyed babies this spring and summer with jean shorts or as a bathing suit cover-up!
- white cotton collared shirt – the thrift stores always have ton for cheap… check the Goodwill!
- fabric dye in the color of your choosing
- salt for the dye mix
- plastic tub
- coat hanger
- laundry detergent
DO IT!… or shall i say, DIP IT!:
- prep the dye with salt and water per the instructions on the package in your plastic tub
- hang your shirt on the coat hanger and dip it into the tub like in the photo – i love how it gets an ombre effect staying white at the top and a gradient downward!
- launder your shirt or hand wash it with detergent and let is air dry. iron and wear it!
photo via i-D