spring pasta with asparagus and red peppers
i made this pasta on Sunday night and it was sooo fresh and clean and delish! i broke the dry spaghetti into smaller lengths before cooking. i think the dish feels more Spring-like without the long noodles. the asparagus, garlic, roasted red peppers and red chili flakes are a great combo or flavors…yum!
Mr. Kate’s Spring Pasta with Asparagus and Red Peppers (vegan)
makes 4 servings
- package of whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic (minced or pressed)
- half cup of sliced roasted red bell peppers from a jar (Trader Joe’s has great ones)
- 1 bundle of fresh asparagus with the stems peeled
- dried red chili flakes
- good quality olive oil
- sea salt
- break your spaghetti into 2″-ish long strips and boil per the instructions on the package. strain and make sure it’s nice and al dente!
- peel your asparagus stems (makes them more tender) and drop them in a pot of boiling water for only a couple minutes to cook. don’t overcook! you want them tender but not mushy.
- slice your asparagus into 1 or 2 inch slices on the diagonal or bias (they look classier that way).
- in a small pan, heat up a nice drizzle of olive oil – probably around 2 tablespoon – and your 3 cloves of minced garlic. just release the flavor of the garlic, don’t burn it!
- add your sliced roasted red peppers to the olive oil along with a sprinkle of some red chili flakes to taste, depending on how much pep you want. just heat up and let the flavor permeate the warm olive oil.
- combine your peppers, chili, garlic and olive oil with your pasta and asparagus pieces and mix with some sea salt to taste. you may want to add another drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, if you think it needs it.
- serve and enjoy!
You may also like -