fresh lemon lentil salad
i’m obsessed with the pre-steamed lentils from Trader Joe’s. they’re pre-cooked, packaged in a vacuum sealed package and perfectly salted. of course, if you don’t have access to pre-cooked lentils, just boil some fresh!
this salad is the perfect easy and healthy main dish or side-dish for any Spring or Summer meal.
Mr. Kate’s Fresh Lemon Lentil Salad (vegan and gluten free)
What You Need:
- 17 oz cooked lentils (or 1 package of pre-cooked lentils from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 cup of chopped fresh carrots
- 1 half an onion chopped
- 3/4 cup of chopped celery
- half a lemon
- extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
- salt and pepper to taste
- open your package of lentils or let your fresh cooked lentils cool and put them in a salad bowl
- add your chopped celery, onions and carrots and toss
- drizzle olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper to taste, like you would dressing a salad.
- squeeze the juice of your lemon half into your lentil mixture and toss one more time.
- serve with a lemon slice or wedge and enjoy!