DIY father’s day instant photo art from access hollywood live
another Father’s Day DIY i did today on Access Hollywood Live! it’s a really fun, interactive project that you can do for other occasions besides Father’s Day, i love displaying photos this way! but today we’re celebrating Dad, so cut out some mustache shapes and break out that instax camera!
you might spot the photos i snapped on Access Hollywood Live this morning to complete the project… Billy Bush, Kit Hoover and Richard Marx (of 80′s music fame), all with their cardboard cut-out mustaches on shish-kabob sticks!
- empty frame
- wire – i used twine covered floral wire from the craft store
- upholstery nails
- shish kabob sticks or chopsticks
- hot glue
- black marker
- clothes pins
- wire cutters
- hot glue gun
- instax camera optional (i got the wide one), you could just print digital photos on photo paper
- measure enough space for your clothes pin and your photo size and make marks where you will place your nails and wire on either side of the frame.
- hammer in your upholstery nails leaving some space to wrap your wire.
- wrap your wire around and secure the twist with a pinch of the pliers – stretch the wire across and secure around the opposite nail creating a taught and secure place to hang your pics. you may want to hammer your nail in a little more after you’re done twisting the wire.
- cut out mustache shapes from your cardboard and color them black with your black marker and hot glue them to a shish kabob stick (cut off the pointy end of the stick with your wire cutters).
- then get all your family members and dad to pose for fun and funny pics to clip to your wires with your clothes pins! CUTE!