DIY studded shorts and stuff
fun! i love studded shorts! i’ve been wanting to do a one-side-studded-and-spiked thing for a while, ever since i saw these shorts that my sister has. like i said in the video, studs come and go but i like them always!
DIY Studded and Spiked Shorts
- cut off shorts
- spikes and studs of your choosing – try crustpunks.com or studsandspikes.com
- a dart awl or sharp instrument
- flat head screwdriver
- phillips head screw driver if needed for the screw back spikes
- plan your layout with your studs and spikes
- for the screw back spikes: poke a hole with your dart awl, insert the screw back through the hole from the underside of the garment. screw the spike onto the screw back and tighten with the screwdriver.
- for the prong studs: poke the prongs through the fabric and use your flat head screwdriver to flatten the prongs down snug against the fabric.
- DIY shorts – original shorts from no name store on Melrose near Poinsettia
- shirt from Urban Outfitters
- shoes from Aldo
- watch by Nixon
- all jewelry from Mr. Kate