DIY colorful pastel chalk tips hair tutorial
it’s true, i did not create the technique of chalking your hair (chalk tips) but i have wanted to try it for a long time thus, i figured i should do it on camera for you guys! i love how it turned out and i felt like a mermaid…which is kind of a lifelong dream of mine.
DIY Colofrul (Pastel) Hair Tips Using Soft Pastels AKA Fancy Chalk
- get soft pastels from the art store or online – i used pastel colors by Sennelier
- if you’re brunette or have black hair, a spray bottle with water
- hair spray – optional to seal color
- take about a half inch piece of hair and twist the ends
- *if you’re brunette, have black hair or dark red hair, spray the ends with your water bottle to moisten.
- use the chalk to dispense the pigment up and down the area of hair you want colored
- shake off the excess chalk (PS – wear something old while you’re chalking in case any falls and stains).
- optional: seal in with hairspray – i didn’t do this step and the chalk stayed really well and didn’t get on my clothes at all!
for another temporary color tips solution – check out my DIY Colorful Tipped Clip-in Hair Extensions post!
- shorts forever 21
- tank forever 21
- lace/chiffon tie top Topshop
- shoes Topshop
- jewelry is a mix of Mr. Kate and vintage
You may also like -