bbq glazed, oven roasted maui onions and zucchini
maui onions are lovely and sweet! their non-acidic flavor makes them perfect for grilling or roasting in large slices. you can just eat them like any other veggie and this recipe with zucchini and a bbq glaze couldn’t be easier and tastier!
Prep It (serves 2 to 4):
- bbq sauce – i used David’s Unforgettable Balsamic BBQ sauce which is soooo good! i got it at Crafted but you can order it online here!
- 1 maui onion – round slices
- 2 zucchini – sliced vertically then halved
- preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- slice your veggies – make sure your zucchini slices are around the same thickness as your onions.
- coat your veggies in bbq sauce – slather it on! don’t be shy!
- put your veggies on a foil-lined baking sheet
- bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minute but mix up the veggies for even cooking half-way through.
- finish with 2 to 5 minutes with the oven turned up to broil to get a nice browned crisp – don’t over broil or bake! you still want a slight crisp to the onions.
photos via mr. kate and summertomato.com