DIY gift: hinge earrings
i get lots of inspiration from hardware elements – as you may be able to tell from my Screw You jewelry pieces – so when i happened upon these very lightweight and beautifully shaped hinges at the hardware store, i knew they had to be earrings! i love these as a DIY gift for the holidays!
- wire cutters
- open brass jump rings – 2 large and 2 small
- brass or gold plated earring wires
- hinges from hardware store – i chose a set of very lightweight brass hinges
- E6000 glue
- apply the E6000 glue to the hinges so they don’t bend – use a toothpick for accurate application.
- attach the large jumpring with your pliers to the hole on one end of the hinge
- attach the smaller jump ring to the large jump ring and to the ear wire and done!
You may also like -