DIY paper feather chain
this DIY paper feathers chain or garland is a dreamy (and bird friendly) way to add embellishment to any window or wall. it’s also a great DIY to do for a dorm room since it is super lightweight and can be hung with dorm approved tape, etc. no drawing experience necessary, just break out those scissors, your printer and some thread and maybe watch a little Flight Of The Concords while you’re makin’!
- printed picture of a feather – we just googled “feather”
- blank sheets of paper
- colored pen
- sewing needle and thread
- scotch tape
- using the pencil, scribble on the back of the feather picture (if you hold the picture up to the light, you can make sure that you’ve covered the entire outline of the feather)
- then flip it over to the feather side, and using your colored pen, trace the outline of the feather with a blank piece of paper under the scribbled side so you’re pen tracing transfers a pencil onto the blank paper.
- trace however many feathers you want to hang!
- cut out the feathers
- cut a long piece of thread, thread a needle and tie a knot at the bottom
- thread through the top of the feather, then to the next feather leaving a few inches between them
- to make sure the feathers don’t move down the thread, you can use a small piece of scotch tape to hold it in place or tie knots in the thread as you go.
- leave some slack at the top of the thread so you can hang it!
You may also like -