DIY fabric wrapped vase
Sometimes your old jar just needs to be wrapped in shredded, twists of fabric to become a beautiful style statement vase for your home! …and that’s exactly what we did using some old mason jars, scrap fabric and hot glue. These textured vases would make a great easy and inexpensive, DIY gift too! The color opportunities are endless, depending on the fabric you choose.
- mason jar or old jar or vase that needs sprucing
- strips of fabric – we started a cut, about a 1 inch wide, in some scrap fabric and ripped it to create the strips so there was a frayed edge
- hot glue gun
- prep your frayed fabric strips by ripping about one inch wide pieces
- put a little dab of hot glue on the neck of the jar
- twist (clockwise) and cover the dab of glue… continue until you make your first circle around the top of the jar *only do a little glue at a time as it dries quickly!
- continue to twist fabric and cover the jar, this time without glue *if you twist very tightly, you don’t need glue for each circle
- when you’ve reached the end of a strip of fabric, glue the end down
- glue the next one as close to the end of the other strip so there are no gaps
- as you twist the fabric, guide/push fabric towards the top layers to prevent gaps as well. finish when you reach the bottom of the base of the jar.
- puts some flowers in your new, upcycled vase, and you’re ready to add a pop of DIY color and texture to any room!
(jewelry featured: Mr. Kate Screw You Ring)
You may also like -