DIY pearl encrusted sunglasses
With the sun spending more time in the sky, and the warm weather quickly approaching, I went diving for pearls! 3D embellishments aren’t just for nails, you can dazzle and glam up a pair of sunglasses into at 3D work of art using pearls or rhinestones! In the video you’ll see glimpses of my minty graffiti nail art and my OOAK (one of a kind) phone case with even more pearls!
Just like a classic strand of pearls, these glasses go with anything! Shop flat-back pearls like these on sites like Etsy. Watch the video above for the full tutorial and to watch me err, go snorkeling…in my clothes!
- sunglasses (we got ours from Urban Outfitters) – tip: cat-eye glasses work best or glasses with enough surface area to place your pearls.
- flat back pearls (we ordered ours on Etsy, but you can find them at craft stores too)
- E-6000 glue
- before you start gluing, place the pearls around the glasses to figure out your ideal arrangement/how many will fit
- once you have planned your lay out, you’re ready to glue!
- apply glue either to the back of the pearl, or place glue directly on the sunglasses using the toothpick – a little goes a long way and you don’t want spillage. Place a dollop of glue on a piece of paper so you can access it easily with your toothpick.
- tip: I found that for the larger pearls you can put glue directly on the back of the pearl before placing it on the glasses. for the smaller pearls, I found that putting glue directly on the glasses using the toothpick worked best and then placing your pearl on top of your glue dot.
- let dry for a couple hours and then go bask in that vitamin D!
- denim top: Forever 21
- shorts: vintage
- lace tights: Forever 21
- shoes: Tsubo x Timo Weiland
- jewelry: Mr. Kate
You may also like -