work with us
If you think working at Mr. Kate would be your ultimate dream job, e-mail us at [email protected] and let us know your specialties and what you could bring to the company. We are always looking for new fun people to work with!
Assistant Content Editor at Mr. Kate
We are an omni-media lifestyle company focused on being the creative voice for millennials in the home, fashion and beauty space. We are looking for an exceptionally creative and organized individual to come join our company full-time as an Assistant Content Editor.
- grow the reader/viewership through engaging editorial content.
- manage the editorial calendar for all platforms (ie.: blog, social media, and youtube) and be responsible for the end-to-end creative and production process of the content.
- organize schedules for all key players involved in the creation of content
- brainstorm content for all platforms (blog, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.)
- create content for all platforms (make DIYs for home and style projects, take photos, edit photos, add text/collage photos in Photoshop, write posts, write social media copy, etc.)
- be responsible for the organization of all materials used for any editorial/creative projects.
- review analytics and user behavior to set editorial and community goals and inform editorial decisions.
- engage with the community that is interacting with our content.
- take photos for content when needed and source/manage photographers and crew for larger shoots.
- communicate, develop content and manage relationships with third party content partners.
- general assistant tasks to the CEO and COO of company
- handle multiple projects at once
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- the desire to grow a career within our company
- a positive attitude
- ability to manage the editorial calendar and shifting deadlines
- ability to work with their hands to make creative projects for home, fashion and beauty and a passion for DIY in general.
- ability to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- incredible organizational skills.
- impeccable communication skills and ability manage other people when necessary.
- enthusiastic self-starter mentality – good with direction, but also able to formulate plans and ideas with no outside input.
- knowledge and enthusiasm of the home, fashion and beauty space
- deep desire to know everything there is to know about the home, fashion and beauty space
- ability to work independently and take feedback constructively.
- A high bar of excellence
- ability to work very quickly and efficiently
- willingness/eagerness to work overtime when necessary.
- ability to think big and be a team player
- on set experience i.e. having worked on web, TV or film sets
- BA/BS required
- 1+ years professional experience developing editorial content.
- 1+ years professional experience developing social media content.
- 1+ years professional experience managing content calendars (pre, production, and post).
- Authorized to work in the US.
- Work 40+ hours in our office in Los Angeles (pico/fairfax area)
- Have reliable transportation
- previous experience using WordPress and/or other content management systems.
- previous experience using Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, and Lightroom.
- previous design and/or web development experience
- previous experience with analytics software such as Google Analytics and knowing how to analyze data to inform future decisions.
- previous experience in any or all of the home, fashion, beauty, diy world.
- previous on-set experience
- previous art department, DIY, creative experience.
- ability to take photos for content.
Position is full-time with a minimum of 40 hours a week in office. Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience. Candidate should submit a cover letter including why they are the perfect candidate for the job. Please also include links or attachments of example editorial work that relates to the topics we cover, a resume with previous education and employment (including hourly rates or salaries of previous employment), all applicable skills you possess for the position, and references that we may reach out to. Please make the subject line of your application: “Applying via mrkate.com for Assistant Content Editor”. Any submissions without this subject line will be ignored.
Thank you so much, and we look forward to reviewing your submission!
Do you have a passion for graphic design? We are a very visual company and are always looking for part-time designers to help with the website, marketing materials, video assets, products and packaging. Candidate should submit a cover letter including why they are the perfect candidate for the job. Please also include links or attachments of example work that relates to the topics we cover, a resume with previous education and employment (including hourly rates or salaries of previous employment), all applicable skills you possess for the position, and references that we may reach out to. Please make the subject line of your application: “Applying via mrkate.com for Graphic Designer”. Any submissions without this subject line will be ignored. Position would be part-time and in our Los Angeles office. Still reading? Still Interested? Send us your stuff!